.... The Messy Mind of J'rod: gryffindor!
My Blog The Science Of Superheroes My Art What Dreams May Come Eeeew!!! Light Beer! My Space... So Lay Off! Inhibitions Only Get In My Way Signe the Sk8r Jessica Erskine & Cousin's Blog DJ Floh Back Productions Blog Alfa Trion Dimitri's Photography Page Maps of Meaning

Monday, November 28, 2011

gryffindor!

August 15, 2011
Well that's it I guess... I finally saw the last Harry Potter, and after reading the books and watching the movies, I gotta say...

Genius!  So much legend and lore, so many twists and turns, so much to think about!  How did you get it all down before writing your books Rowling?  How did you think up such epic tales?  The way that it began as an innocent little fantasy story, and at some point became this dark, larger than life story that sucked the protagonist right in without his consent, it was so well thought out!  And the Horcruxes and Hallows, and the **secret** twist at the end...  Well done!
Now, I've been writing my four-novel story for quite some time now, and it certainly is as in depth as Harry Potter and the Lord of The Rings... but I'm not so sure it has much lore and legend embedded into it.  It certainly has some twists and surprises, but I don't think I can write quite like J.R.R. Rowling can.
I'm trying to start reading again.  I have a few books on my night stand that have been sitting there for a while.  I want to read them, but a few things keep getting in the way:
During the day I'd rather write than read, and at night I'd rather play with my iPod than read.  And no... I can't read books through the iPod: too small!
OH!!!  By the way... check out TheCookieChallenge this week to see the first LAUGH CHALLENGE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home