.... The Messy Mind of J'rod: I'm a Writer, Not a Reader
My Blog The Science Of Superheroes My Art What Dreams May Come Eeeew!!! Light Beer! My Space... So Lay Off! Inhibitions Only Get In My Way Signe the Sk8r Jessica Erskine & Cousin's Blog DJ Floh Back Productions Blog Alfa Trion Dimitri's Photography Page Maps of Meaning

Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm a Writer, Not a Reader

August 22, 2011
I'm a writer, not a reader. Maybe I'm a bibliophile. I have collected a number of books over the past few months that are just sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read; however, my lifestyle doesn't exactly allow time for reading. Before I go to bed? Forget it. I'm either too tired or too wired to read. Chances are I'll just play a game on my iPod until I fall asleep if I'm still awake. What about the daytime? Nope… I spend those precious moments writing my book, or my blog, or my play, or updating The Cookie Challenge.
But I WANT to read the books… that's why I bought 'em. I'm a quarter through Onward: The Starbucks Biography, a third through American Gods, but frankly, I'm losing interest, and I have a whole bunch of other books that I haven't even started yet. There's Bram Stoker's Dracula, and End Game (A chess murder mystery novel), The Arcanum (a horror book that sounds cool), the Necronomicon, which I don't really want to read, but it looked interesting nonetheless. Plus, I never got through Roverandom, but it wasn't that good anyway, and I'd like to re-read the Harry Potter series, as well as Lord of the Rings.
Whatever, if it isn't for school, than it's leisure reading, and sometimes you can only do so much leisure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home